Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What am I going to do?

You may have heard, or read it on my Facebook profile, but after a LONG month of applications and stress I was offered a job. This is such a great story that I will tell you the whole thing...don't worry...it isn't that long, but is that good.

This whole thing actually started the other night when I was talking to Amy. I was as usual expressing my frustration with the lack of job opportunity here in Logan. I had told her about all of the places that I had applied, and she listened. When I was done she asked me if I had applied at Little Caesars. I told her that I had gotten an application, but that when I walked in I felt physically ill (you may understand what I mean). She then told me that she had talked to Michelle, and that they thought that I just needed to PONY UP (as Dad would say). I decided that even though I might vomit I would fill out the application and drop it off the next day (which was yesterday).

So Yesterday morning I slept as late as I could to try and delay the inevitable, but I didn't delay it that long. I had decided that I would drop it off at 11am to avoid the lunch rush. As I watched the time race by I heard my phone ring. It was the Manager of Pier 49 calling to set up an interview. I said that I would be happy to meet with her. This was a HUGE relief, this meant I might not have to apply at the LC. After a brief interview she told me that she would call me.

Today I tried to go about the day as normal and not think about the pending phone call. I got up early to go over my Stats note for the quiz and I went to school. (This is where I have the dilemma about what to do) Between classes I have an hour break so i decided that I would do some things that i needed to at the student center. As I was leaving I decided to check the time. I pulled out my phone and saw that i had a missed call. Immediately my heart began to race. When I heard the message my just about fell over dead in my tracks. It wasn't the manager, but the woman at the Financial aid office. I had applied there just before I got the call from Pier 49. She wanted to interview me!!!!! I calmly walked back to her office and talked to her. She told me that I was being considered for the position. (Now I may be counting my eggs before the hatch) She then told me that she would call me at the end of the week after the other interviews.

Now do you see the problem? What am I going to do? Don't worry, I am not going to burn any bridges, but I don't know what to do. Maybe I will make a Pro/Con list like my good friend Rory. Am I willing to give up more money for better hours? Oh what a cruel cruel world.

Until I have received an official offer of employment I am not going to do anything. So...until then the plan is that I will begin my new job this Friday the 26th at Pier 49 Pizza. I will be a delivery driver. I am truly torn, but undeniably grateful. The lord was teaching me, and fortunately I learned the lesson. Patience is KEY to happiness. Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement. I love you all!

Ok...so...that was alot longer than I thought, but it was still really good. You have to agree with me.

1 comment:

Sterling and Michelle said...

Congrats on finally getting a job. That is such a stress. I hope everything works out for you. Remember it may not be your ideal job, but sometimes you just do what you have to. Even if you have to work at a day care with really dirty children that in the end give you strep throat.