Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hands Of Time

I remember when I was younger I often thought that I couldn't wait to grow up and be a big person. It all seemed so great cars, money, friends, and all of the good stuff that comes along with being an adult. Little did I know about the real adult world. As I grew up the more I wanted to go back to the simple days of matchbox cars and cartoons. Things were so simple then, and I never imagined that there was anything wrong with the world.

Today as I was "facebooking" I was looking through pictures of some of my friends. As I looked I laughed at some and was amazed at how different we all are, I once again realized that things have changed not only in positive ways, but also in negative ones. I see that the image I had as a child was no more. Now, I am willing to admit that I am not fond of change to begin with, but especially negative change.Even though at times I feel like there is no hope that good will triumph over bad, I know this not to be true. I know that good always wins. It may not be in the way we expect of even want, but it ALWAYS wins.

I have come to learn this more since I returned form my mission. The reason that I am so sure of this is because of the knowledge I have of the Savior and his plan for each of us. When I am feeling lost and alone, or when I have fallen flat on my face, without fail, he will reach out and pick me up. I know that his plan cannot be frustrated and that is what gives me hope. I guess what I am trying to say is DON'T give up hope. If you are like me and see the bad all around, just take courage and know that it is all for a reason.

This has been on my mind since Sunday when Elder Holland spoke at the CES fireside. He challenged us all to read Sections 121-123 of Doctrine and Covenants. That night as I fulfilled the challenge I felt the sweet comfort of the Holy Ghost wash over me, once again restoring hope for a brighter day.

I am grateful for all of the good that has come to me in my life knowing completely that it was not of my own doing. Once again, I love each of you.

1 comment:

Sterling and Michelle said...

Thanks for letting me know you had a blog. I just found it as I was looking at Sarah's blog. Gees boy.