Today as I was stalking people on facebook I came across a group about Spiderman. As is my curious nature I decided that I would check it out. I was surprised to find that it was not about the comic superhero, but about what I consider a true hero. It wasn't someone that has changed the world, or anyone famous, but a little boy that has taught me a very valuable lesson. His name is Austin, he is currently undergoing chemotherapy for a rare form of Leukemia.
You see, the past month has been a very difficult one for me. I have gone through some major life changes, and some not so earth shattering events, but to me they seemed like a big deal. As I read the story of this little boy I realized that my life isn't so bad. That I just need an attitude adjustment. He is fighting for his life and I am upset about not having a job. I have been so very blessed in my life with wonderful family and extraordinary friends. To each of you I wish to say thanks. You are the greatest blessing that I have received.
Just remember that there is one greater then us all that knows how we feel. Keep this young hero and his family in your prayers. Now is when he needs it the most!
If you want to read more about Austin's fight against cancer go to http://www.spidermanfightscancer.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment