This year my birthday came on the 22. Like every year, but my Mom has a hard time remembering, so I thought I'd just throw it out there.
Anyhow, as is tradition, David stayed home from school and we hiked up to Bells Canyon. And as is tradition, he tried to tell me that he couldn't get it off and that he had to go to school. Also, in following tradition, he couldn't take it anymore, and told me the day before that he actually did get it off and he was staying home. How I love tradition!
It took us a little longer to get there than we had hoped, we are a little slower than we used to be, but luckily we found a parking spot. Hayden was excited to wear his running shirt just like Dad.
It's been a while since Preston has been in the backpack, so he wasn't so sure about it...
Hayden even carried his own water. It was only half-full so it wouldn't be too heavy, and we now know we need to make a strap across his chest.
At the reservoir.
I love this hike, not too hard, and if you go up from Little Cottonwood (not off of Wasatch Blvd) it's pretty much all shade. Hayden hiked the whole way and was fine.
....and since everyone's into selfies
Once we got to the reservoir, which is as far as we went, we found a shady spot and had lunch. A Goose spotted us from all the way across the water and came over. A friendly goose.
We also saw a bunch of trout swimming right near the shore.... apparently they liked us more than the guy we could see fishing across the way
Such a fun hike! And, we learned something awesome about our camera...it has a feature where you choose how long and how many pictures to take when it's on timer. Great feature! With the joby and this feature, no need for selfies!
I had a great birthday! Fun hike with my boys followed by a great dinner with family! And BONUS, delicious Birthday Bread Pudding! ..I am spoiled.It's strange to think that I am 28. If someone where to ask me my age, I would seriously say 23.
But I'm 28, and it's great!
No comments:
Post a Comment