Thursday, February 15, 2018

Wild Days at Home. Aug 2017

We have two rocking horses. They take up quite a bit of our limited playroom space. I am always tempted to get rid of them, especially when I am trying to get out the garage door which they block. But the babies love them. They are horses, snowmobiles, rodeo cows and race cars. So...we still have two, but I may get another so they each have one.
 I love late summer produce from the Murray Farmer's Market. When the peaches are on, we eat a lot of peaches. A lot. No one really complains about this.
 Haha, a saver's treasure, my sweet little mustard as Goose, from Top Gun.
 Preston thought that was the appropriate outfit for stomp-rocketing..
 ...and eating hummus. #heshardcore
 With David and Hayden at school, Preston and I had to spend a lot of time each morning harvesting in the garden... We didn't mind. It was better than pulling weeds.

 Haha, Preston always hated how the bean leaves stick to him.

 It was an exciting day when the power company came with a crane thing. #lifewithboys

 One night as I was scattering eggshells around my hosts to keep away the snails (I promise I'm not a huge granola, this really works!) I called David out because there was this, this thing. I couldn't tell if it was a hummingbird or a moth. Well it was, it was a "hummingbird moth." I'd never seen anything like it. It was pretty cool. It loved the hosts blooms, which, I also learned that night, smell like honeysuckle.
 Brooks climbs wherever he needs to be. This was probably the third or fourth peach that he climbed up and took a bite out of that day :)
 Making Moats.
 Brooks and Dash are just best friends. They make me think of Baby Kate and Pal on Arthur.... I'm sure they communicate with each other...


No comments: