Sunday, April 30, 2017

January 2017.

January was a long time ago, let's see what we remember...
Katie got Brooks drool bibs from Copper Pearl. Best. Things. Ever. Somehow, they keep his shirts totally dry, even if the bib is soaked. Brooks was 7 months in January, after drooling non-stop for 6 months, he finally got two bottom teeth at 10-months.
 A new year wouldn't be complete without a friendly health challenge competition. The original plan was to go 3-months. We lasted one. And each day I amended the rules a little more... one sweet a week, to one a day. No soda...diet coke is okay. I can tell you from experience, people who eat salad are grumpy.
 Brooks at 7-months. Sweet baby. He never sleeps during the day, but makes up for sleeping all through the night.
 We've gone back and forth on Brooksie's eye color, but I think we have settled on brown. They aren't chocolate brown like the other two, but they are a dark brown/gray, a nice compliment to his golden blonde hair.
 It's always a great day when the babies can sit up in the cart and you don't have to deal with the car seat in the store. Preston has pre-school on Friday, so Brooks and I are on our own for two hours, we usually go shopping. It's great.
Preston and Hayden both got storm trooper costumes for Christmas. Preston loves to wear it, and it is versatile. It can be used as a stormtrooper, Darth Vadar, Astronaut, etc... and it's usually on backwards because that's how he can get it on by himself. This particular day, Preston was wearing it eating the best cheesecake ever...
Vanilla Bean with Carmel Sauce. Yum, yum-o. The carmel sauce would be great on cardboard, but it's especially delicious on this cheesecake.
Our fancy snowflakes. Hayden is still the only child represented, I guess you know who the favorite is...

We sure have enjoyed Brooksie's puffer suit, it keeps him all toasty in the chilly winter.
The boys and I on a bike ride. There was so much snow this winter...but I guess not this day. We are susceptible to cabin fever, the boys love to be outside! When it's 40 degrees outside (so, warmer than inside our house) the boys are ready to be out!
Preston has discovered than he loves to fold laundry. He's such a helper and is in charge of all the soft pants...lucky for him, we have about forty-thousand pair.
...and just to throw it in there... the pj's that I got from Saver's that didn't have any feet. I thought I was being such an awesome Mom by finding zip-up fireman jams for Preston...until I got home and David pointed out that the footies were cut off. I just hemmed them up, good as new!
My little helper Mustard is also the resident Paper Shredder. What a helper!
Train Day. There is lots of fun, and a fair amount of fighting, but these two are the best.
Some snow.
Trying to get a picture of all three looking/smiling... never going to happen.
Little Einsteins. Granny gave Hayden a cool science kit for Christmas, we've been having lots of fun with colors, liquids, electricity etc.
Preston finally graduated to Sunbeams, and gave his first talk in primary. What a sweetie.

Haha, I am always one for making up my own recipes. This is my "noodle chicken soup" haha, I wasn't very fond of it, but Hayden was in love, which means it was a total success!
Little Preston loves hoops and hooks and levers and anything that he can engineer into something handy. Brookie's hoops for example, excellent light saber belt.
Got all the boys' emergency packs ready to go...now a few months later, it's time to update all the food and clothing. A mess I am not looking forward to.
...and you're never too young to appreciate the garbage truck. My boys always have a garbage truck shirt on every Monday.


No comments: