Tuesday, January 24, 2017

December 2016.


 It's always so fun when December comes. Preston loved to play weatherman using "Fedor" the advent Santa as his weather chart. "It is 3 and 2 and 1 degrees in South America"

 Both boys really enjoyed playing with the little people nativity. Preston still doesn't have a sock, and is "Charlie" #middlechildproblems
 I still love to snuggle my little Brooksie who turned 7months on Christmas Eve. He wears size 12 months clothes, but only weighs 16 pounds (12%)...

 Preston loves little Brooks. He is so helpful, and sweet. These two.


 There is something strangely satisfying to me buying one million of the same thing when it's on a really great sale. Likewise, there is something great about not buying things at Sam's/Costco, it's kind of liberating to be able to buy only one head of lettuce instead of three :) I've been trying to be a little better more "emergency preparedness" prepared. (fyi, since this picture was taken I bought 15 more boxes of the steel cut oats :) these are the best! The boys and I could definitely sustain life on just oatmeal for a while.)
I even gave myself an excuse to go to DownEast. I went and got each of the boys a backpack and then filled it up with "emergency" types of things. haha, I don't know how practical they are, but they give me a little peace of mind. I have one for David and I too, but they aren't as cute. But they do have old issues of Reader's Digest in them, because I figure, if I have nothing more than what is in my pack, I am going to want to know "The Year's Top Feel Good Stories" while I am eating my oatmeal and beef jerky.

 One of David's students danced with Ballet West in The Nutcracker and was generous enough to give us tickets. It was fun to go out, haha, even though it was pouring rain and we got soaked on the way to and from the theater ;) They had a neat exhibit of the History of the Nutcracker which I also enjoyed. Maybe she will have extras next year and send them our way :)
 Since we are trying to clean up and organize...we are trying to not keep everything. Don't get me wrong, we still keep most things, but these turkeys with leaf feathers were a little delicate :)

 Brooke's getting started early on the good stuff. #dietcoke #notreally He is probably going through withdrawls since I lived on it when I was pregnant
 The boys thought it was great to have dinner on our fancy Christmas plates, haha with our waffles on a cake plate :) Simple Pleasures.
  This buttermilk carmel sauce has changed our lives! Put it on waffles, pancakes, sausage, cheesecake, ice cream, cardboard...it's delicious!
Sunday Dressed Up Little Handsomes.
 Yum yum yum, thanks Becky Adams for the oreo recipes, these are always great for gifts and treats...and scouts!
 Fire Pres-tan on his "rescue snowmobile" haha he cracks me up! Plus he also has on those denim overalls!
 And since we are inner-hoarders, I've had the boys take pictures of things that they don't want to get rid of, there are still tears, but at least we can let things go. I have pictures of empty jars, bandaids, cartons, etc...
 Preston's December Pre-School Happenings
 With all the Christmas Amazon-ing we had a lot of boxes. They were the best toys! They made for great space stations, race cars and playhouses! We had to sneak these out at night...
 The boys were very excited about the first skif of snow. They had to go shovel, even though it melted before they were done.
 Since we still haven't gotten another Wolf Leader, I have appointed myself to Leader. I made these interactive posters to help the boys with the Scout Law and Oath...the one even has velcro so we can remove some one the values and test our skills. Fancy, I know. It's also Laminated.

 Festive Sunday Sweeties.
 Playing while I sort laundry.
 A comparison of Hayden (red) and Brooks (blue) at the same age, six months. In this picture Hayden is wearing a 3-month size shirt, Brooks a 9-month...Other than the chins, they are a pretty close match
 Sometimes you're just too tired to do Costco...until you see the cake samples...
We love, love, LOVE our goat soap! We were running low so the boys and I took a trip to the goat farm, which happens to be just a few minutes away. David says goats creep him out, he was glad that we went without him.
We usually get them at the farmer's market during the summer. I thought that I had stocked up enough  for the winter, but I was wrong. I love the peppermint smell, yum! Seriously, this stuff has saved me hands! 

 Chef Preston.
 Outting to the mailbox...which is just three houses down. But who you have to bundle everyone up before you leave, it takes you half an hour.
 ...getting caught with a cream carnation face...
 Hayden and Baby Brooks. So sweet.
 We risked our lives driving to the cabin on Christmas Eve in giant snowstorm. Luckily we were just ahead of the snow. We stopped in Heber, and ate lunch at Dairy Keen, and then headed up.
 Lowe's had cedar garland for a buck, so I got a few and Evergreened up the cabin a bit. It was a blizzard and about 10 degrees outside while I was floristing
 Preston kept me company.
 Fancy Christmas dinner.
 While we were there we did a bunch of sledding! I only have this one picture now, I'll have to find the rest. Especially of the one where Hayden broke his hip.
 After Christmas we headed downtown to see the lights. It was freezing cold. But we did find out that you can park at City Creek for 2-hours for free. Good to know. Katie came with us. We stopped for cocoa and a snickerdoodle at the Joseph Smith Building. (We should have just hit up a wedding!)

Happy December!

No comments: