Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hayden turns Two!

I can't believe my little Hayden turned two on August 25th. He is so energetic and lively, it's hard to imagine a time when he couldn't move. 
For his birthday we got him his own "big boy bed." Friday night David set it up, so Hayden could wake up in his new bed on his birthday.
 After a little, a LOT, of rearranging, we got everything to fit in his room. (I'll post pics of the finished room later)
 Hayden LOVES his new bed! I was surprised, he doesn't escape in the middle of the night, he sleeps perfectly.
 Saturday morning, after breakfast, we Skyped with Grandma and Grandpa Everett while Hayden opened their gifts....that arrived earlier in the week in a giantic box. Hayden loved the broom and basketball set, and has mastered the puzzle.
 Sunday we combined and celebrated Grandpa's birthday along with Hayden's. David tried his hand at fondant and made this fun cake for the party!

 Not only was the cake super cute, but it tasted great too! I'm glad David is such a fine chef.
 Hayden gets so excited about candles. All week he had been telling everybody about "birthday Saturday, turn 2." He was a little stuffed-up, so it took a couple of tries to extinguish the candles, but he got them!

 He loved opening presents. He got his skills from his aunt, Pat.
 He LOVED the blender from Amanda, Tine and Vahan! Since he got it he's been blending up his plastic pepper to make "salsa." I think it's almost time for new batteries.
 He also loved the shaving kit from Dad. Boy, he's growing up fast, shaving already...


 And finally, after a week of searching ksl, Ross, Savers, DownEast and Home Goods, we finally got his bed put together. I got the two throw pillows for a steal of a deal at DownEast....but after the 5 hours of unpicking the monograms,sewing on monograms, and hiding monograms, I figure they probably cost me a lot more. Oh  well, the thrill of the hunt...

3 comments:

Marissa said...

That bed looks so huge in the second picture!

Does Hayden spray his shaving cream by himself? Because that can looks similar to the whipped cream bottles I still occasionally make messes with.

Britt said...

Haha, Hayden is very supervised with the shaving cream. Very Supervised :)

Everett Family said...

Happy Birthday Hayden, sure looks like a fun time. I can't believe he is 2 either.