Thursday, February 2, 2012

Goodbye to the Pelican. Hello Jars of Spiders.

The Pelican Bib. What can I say, best invention ever. It covers Hayden enough so that he isn't covered with food, milk, etc. Great. Only problem is too many other people didn't think it was that great and the company went under. The Pelican had been through a lot and finally got a giant crack in the bottom...so the milk would go right on to Hayden's lap.
I've been looking for a replacement for a month or two. I got a similar bib made by Bjorn...don't like it. It's too tiny and it cuts his head off. But then last week I found the thing I had been looking for.... Tommie Tippee bib! Love it!...well not as much as the Pelican, but it does the job....and it was 1/4 the cost of the Pelican. This morning I threw the Pelican away, it was sad.

 As for the spiders.... I have two spider plants that are very prolific! The baby spiders are coming down, and they get next to the toaster, and there are a lot! I now have two other pots of spiders. It's basically like Strega Nona (a book where the lady's pot won't stop making pasta and it takes over the village!).
Last year I made a little terrarium with some of the babies and some moss...the spider plants thrived, the moss bit the dust. So, since I am such an "Up-Cycler" I took some old jars and made them into terrariums. I like them. They make me feel "green" and bring a splash of spring into our dark apartment. Also, these are great because you don't have to do anything with them. Ever. I haven't watered my big one in a year!




No comments: