I love "thrifting"! And this week I found some of the best deals ever!
Monday, President's Day, we went to Saver's for their 50% off sale....it was a mad house! (It's like Black Friday..sort of) We learned you don't go in expecting a cart; you take your stroller and that way you can make sure Hayden doesn't run away, and that no one takes him. Anyhow, we got Hayden a snowsuit, two pairs of pants, four shirts and some other things that I can't remember, all for $10. Good Deals.
Yesterday I went because my Dad wanted me took find him a work coat. Both my Dad and Katie bid me to do their shopping at the thrift stores. Katie wouldn't be caught dead in a Saver's but always wants me to get her shirts....
Anyway, I found the best deals ever! I found a Carhartt-type for for my Dad, little Camo shorts for Hayden and the following:
This beautiful thing! I didn't really know what it was, but I knew it was cute and country-like. When my mom saw it she told me it was to hold onions and potatoes...she was right, there was a onion skin in the top compartment. My parent's want it for the cabin, I told them they could have it for $25...a pretty profit after the $3 it cost me :)
Hayden and I went to get some hardware for it today (costing 4 times as much as the thing) and now it's perfect. I'm lending it to my parents, David told me we don't have any more room.
I also got these... Super cute Bare Trap boots! Long story short, I had bought a pair off KSL in November, but sold them. Lesson learned: I should not buy things off KSL alone, I am too chicken to say "no". Anyhow, way cute, brand new, and for way less than the $120 they are at Cabela's.
Lastly, I found a coat for Hayden for next year. So cute. $4. They had one that would fit in two years that was almost exactly the same, but it was $15, I guess I'll have to keep looking :)
This week there was success at Savers, sometimes, it's a bomb....
If anyone wants me to keep my eye out for anything, let me know.
....My aunts are pretty good at finding things too :)

No comments:
Post a Comment