It finally snowed! Wa-hoo! ...There isn't any snow at our house, but we went to the cabin this weekend and there was! We did lots of snow-activities....
Saturday David and I went snowshoeing. We didn't see the cougar that is going around Timberlakes, but we did see the gigantic cabin (we call it "The Turret") across the way. It was such a beautiful day. When we woke up it was 0 degrees, but by noon it was almost 40.
This picture does not even begin to capture the magnitude of the hill....but that little speck at the top is the snowcat. Now imagine hiking up that thing. Let's just say we hiked off the nacho's we had for lunch....
Oh my gosh, you'll all have to come with us next time. Dad fixed the snowcat so we wouldn't asphyxiate, and now there's actually snow.
At night, since it was a million degrees below zero, we JUST DANCED! Unfortunately, I was the photographer so there aren't any pictures of me shaking my groove thing....
We really enjoy being in nature. It's nice to be in the woods, and to get to drink cocoa. Hayden only got chocolate milk, but that was okay for him. He loves being at the cabin....heaven, where none of the doors are child-proofed
In addition to our EXTREME SLEDDING, we also played around the cabin. Our neighbors, Brad and Helen Prescott, have a pretty wild hill behind their cabin that they let us slide down. We didn't get any pictures of that hill, but let's just say, it was steep and you have to look out for trees. I made the mistake of grabbing one of the trees...
We had such a fun time this weekend. Now it's back to work.
David is teaching, and got accepted to USU's Master's of Education Program last Monday! Go Aggies! He has classes this semester on Wednesday and Thursday for 4-7pm.
Hayden is climbing and figuring EVERYTHING out. What a little engineer. He loves to be in the kitchen. And knows how everything works.
I am loving all I am getting to experience. I love being home with Hayden. I have been lucky enough to be doing flowers for quite a few weddings. And I am still looking for a job.
Seriously, come to the cabin. My mom would LOVE to have you!
No comments:
Post a Comment