Friday, April 29, 2011

St. George Spring Break.

For Spring Break we took a little trip to St. George. We were able to spend more than just the weekend, which is what we usually do, and we ad a great time.
Saturday we went on a hike in Snow Canyon with David's family. Hayden saw the most sun he's ever seen that day...we live in a basement cave. The weather was beautiful. I made the boys wear sunblock, which neither liked, and Hayden wear a hat...which he hated. The hat was too big and fell off about forty-five times.



After the hike we went to a park to eat lunch. We ate lunch then some of the kids went to the splash pad. Haha, they had fun and got really wet! Hayden did not like the water, at all.
On Sunday our niece Emma was blessed. That afternoon we went on a walk to the center of town. It was busy with people out enjoying the sunshine. (According to my mom is had been pouring rain in Salt Lake for the last two days.)

Monday, David, Hayden and I went to Zions. I had never been there before...I'd like to go back when Hayden gets a little older. We forgot the Moby so we had to take our gigantic stroller around...that was fun on a packed bus. The weather was in the mid 70's and overcast...Perfect! We hiked to Emerald Pools. Beautiful.






Tuesday David's Dad took us to the Mountain Meadow's Massacre Memorial. What a sad event. But I am glad that we can learn from the past. There is a beautiful memorial to those who died.


Later Tuesday, we went with David's sister Emilee around town. I guess St. George isn't that bad...until it gets hot. It was beautiful weather.

On our adventure we went to the rocks. I got some glamour shots of the boys :)



It was nice to get away. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time. I'm looking forward to going back....in the fall :)

No comments: