Every year, in the early spring, we head over to Cal Ranch to see all the baby chicks. (and cute little ducks!) It makes us think that we want them...haha but then we talk ourselves out of it, thankfully. 😬 It's not the work of the chickens, it's that, for some strange reason, I can't bring myself to eat a non-store-bought chicken egg, other than in things. Not fried or scrambled. Haha, we used to get LOTS of eggs, which was great, we had LOTS of German pancakes, but I don't know, there is just something about a fresh egg that creeps me out, haha, weird, I know.
More Cranberry Orange Bread, yummy!
Brookser is our little energizer bunny, he never naps! If he falls asleep for even five min, he is up until 10...so I'd rather just power through the day. Actually, now that I think of it, Preston didn't sleep much at this age either... 🙈
Speaking of Mustard, he had quite a few...like 15... warts on his hands, so we decided to go see the dermatologist. We couldn't get in to the one that we originally planned on, but we go in to Shane Farr...he was great! He was so good with Preston, who was a little nervous, and he got rid of all those warts, yay! He put on some "beetle juice" and gave us some stuff to do at home, and in a month they were all gone, and Preston didn't seem to think any of it hurt at all 😀
Brooks helping out.
Every year the boys make a trap for the Leprechaun... if you remember, a year or two back, he took all their soft pants, and left only jeans!😳 haha, so this year Preston slept with all his soft pants in the bottom of his bed, and tied up the dresser.
...And this is what they woke up to St. Patrick's morning, the Leprechaun played a little trick on them!
There's something about a deal that makes my heart sing, this was a particularly lucky day at the smith's....except for the la Croix, ick.
At sam's they had GIANT elephant ear bulbs for $4, so I picked one up for me, and one for Granny.
Fast forward to the end of September....that $4 bulb did not disappoint!
We took the dogs to Wheeler Farm....
Dash is definitely a bird dog, and would have been happy to eat the turkeys.
The boys LOVE the old tractors.
The old truck where we always try to get a picture of everybody looking, but it never seems to quite work out.
"Where the farmers go potty." We also snap a shot here every time too.
Sadly, Charolotte, Granny's creepy tarantula bit the dust. For Real. (One time, after she escaped from her cage, they were sure that the cat had eaten her. Until Katie came home and she was running across the floor! 😮 Preston and Brooks helped Granny bury her. I suggested they put a giant rock on top, just in case.
Cinnamon scones! My Favorite! Sadly, I went to get more cinnamon chips from Orson Gygi, and they aren't carrying them anymore. Boo.
Always busy little Mustard.
The boys love Smith and Edwards, they have everything! (Like every Mrs. Meyer's soap!)
Every time I see a violet I think of Grandma Woodward. My sweet boys brought me in lots this spring.
The garden always looks so barren in winter and early spring, and ugly if there's not much snow...like the last few years. It's always exciting when you can start working on it.
I was just looking at this wondering why Hayden was looking so sad...then I realized that it was because this was the picture we took before he recycled this. Not that this picture was especially meaningful, but we are working on simplifying our lives. Sometimes I can get him to let go of things, after we take a picture. My sweet Hayden.
I'm sure this was the same story for Preston. This was his treasure map that he made for David.
Brookser turns blue now. We are working with our pediatrician to try and figure it out. It's strange. He's not cold, or struggling for air. Just blue
No comments:
Post a Comment