I love November. There are lots of things to celebrate. We get to reflect on all our blessings, everything is pumpkin spiced, it's finally getting cool enough to wear sweats, and BUTTERBASH!
After seeing the ad on my Smith's "app" (because we get the mailer the day after the ad starts) Wednesday morning, Preston, Brooks and I were out the door to stock up on the good stuff before David and Hayden left for school. It felt like an eternity driving the 20 blocks to Smith's. Preston, who is his mother's son, kept saying "oh come on! That lady is going to get all da butter!" We made out fairly well, 99 boxes...we didn't want to seem greedy :)
I'll tell you there is nothing like the adrenaline high of butterbash.
The weather was so pleasant, two weeks into November and my roses were rockin' it!The boys and I like to hit up the local Holladay Great Harvest for one sandwich for me, two super thick pieces of bread for the boys, and a chocolate milk to share. We sit outside at the bistro sets, we are fancy.
Preston and I finally finished our costume rack. We have so many dress-ups that our giant drawer wouldn't close. ...this helped a little...and then we got more dress-ups. Haha, such is life.
We loved taking advantage of the warmer days. The two older boys would work, Brooks and I would over-see.
This picture says a lot about our day-to-day life... The boys are dressed up (Preston is a police officer and Hayden is a chef), they are building. They are wearing soft pants. There is a stool in front of the curio which they probably used to sneak something out. They have snacks and they are building stuff. #lifeisgood
...Another life shot...Hayden is eating spaghetti, of course. Preston is eating cereal.
...David and I are eating this... a spinach burger. #onafreezerburnedbun
November started off with working on Home-Made Holidays...
...Pies...
and ...Pumpkin Rolls... #Davidisthebest
Brooks, at six months, never sleeps during the day. But I had to get something done on the computer, so I just bounced him on my leg...for 2 hours...until he fell asleep.
I loved the way that the wreath for Matt and Amanda turned out, I almost kept it!
Hayden and Preston enjoying the November sunshine collecting things...
My scout friend gave me all the stuff for scouts when she moved...which included a blue balloon. You have never seen someone enjoy a balloon as much as Preston and Brooks. Preston would just bop it up in the air, and Brooks would laugh and laugh. I just enjoyed as I folded the laundry.
During November I taught the boys something very important, you can fit more spray cream in your hand than you can on a spoon... We call it a cream carnation. #mostlyair #itsdairy
My little Bargain Boy Preston and I were pleasantly surprised to find lightbulbs for forty cents...instead of 6 bucks.
Six Month little sweetie.
Preston, Brooks and I started organizing all the baby/boy clothes...this actually just makes a gigantic mess, and more boxes of stuff. But look closely, the bed is made! Yay!
One last cookout.
Preston was so happy he could finally reach the pedals on the big trike. Watch out! He'll run you right over!
We were siresouly hanging on to the warm weather...this was the last of November. I put the boys to work cutting down the grass...they loved it because they got to cut stuff while sitting in the dirt. I loved it because it kept them busy for a while ;)
Brooks and I supervised. We are good at that.
Also, Brooksie's cheeks! And he loves to just be face to face like this, haha love it!
We were so lucky to get grapes from Carol and Geoff (thank you!) so we were making grape juice for the last weeks of November, ha! We had a LOT of grapes! But that's great, because Preston would seriously drink a bottle everyday.
This picture just cracks me up! Preston would also smuggle away snacks from nursery in his pocket, and then he thought he was so clever when he whipped them out!
...still making grape juice... #alotoflatenights
Haha, and here's our funny couch. The middle cushion started to crack, I went to try and have it fixed, but they said it was no use. So then I looked on Wayfair (because those commercials on HGTV are catchy) and realized I could buy a new couch for what a slip-cover would cost...so then I went to JoAnn's and after realizing I was way too cheap to buy any of the normal stuff to recover the cushions, I headed over to the red tag table...
...and found this for $7 bucks a yard. Fourteen dollars later, a tuck here and a tuck there, and I've got a perfect solution for the couch problem.
Haha, I love it because I just take it off and throw it in the wash, and then tuck it back in. I could probably hem the edges, but I haven't yet. We are planning on a new couch with our play money (haha, tax refund)...but until them, we're staying classy
Granite gave out tickets to the hockey game again this year, we went, and had a good time... watching the zamboni...we learned hockey really isn't our thing.
Mom and Mustard,Squash Pie and Land O' Lakes Cream= Heaven #pienotrequired
My classy cuties in their crocs. And socks.
For Thanksgiving we headed to St.George. All the boys are excellent little travelers, but I was pretty sure that Hayden was going to have spinal problems...
Thanksgiving morning we participated in the "Turkey Trot." I guess it wore Preston out because he just couldn't make it to Thanksgiving dinner. Haha, but he made it for the pie!
While we were in STG we went four wheeling, and of course my little Collector (aka hoarder) Hayden found a rock or two...When we returned from Thanksgiving, Winston, our elf on the shelf showed up...
...and Preston discovered the "selfie"
November was good to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment