Monday, August 17, 2015

June 2015.

David got out of school the first week of June and we were off to St.George. It was hot. But we had a great time!
 We visited Zions. The Botanical Gardens.
 And the splash pad.
 We had so much fun visiting! The boys love having cousins to play with. And the pool in St. George is the best!
Father's Day brought new ties for all my boys. Handsome, boys. I am one lucky girl.


 We replaced our bunny-ears with an antennae that looks like a mouse pad...and lies on the floor behind the curio. Apparently that's where it gets the best reception. Hayden is sentimental like I am, and didn't want to get rid of the old antennae...so he made his own TV.
 Thanks to Grandma and Carrie for apricots! We were able to make two sets of jam and our new favorite (thanks, Judy!) apricot butter! Ymmm.
 Our garden struggled a little getting going because of the heat, but it looked pretty good.
 We got SO many peas! But we loved them! They were a little tricky to find, being the same color as the vines, but tasty!
 We were outside in the shade a lot, since it was cooler than our house. Preston tried eating with his toes, like Curious George. "I Georgio" haha Baby Mustard.
 David was working on a million classes this summer, so while he worked, the boys and I watched a little Paula Deen. Hayden loves her voice! He often mimics her "Hey ya'll, I'm Paula Deen" haha Adorable. He's got great taste.
 Seriously, so hot. We were using our tortillas as fans at dinner.
After checking out the swamp cooler multiple times, David decided to spray all the pads down with the hose! Voila! We've been comfortable (not necisarrily cool) since! We've done this pretty regularly since :)
...and we cool off in the water. But only in the shade. On the grass. #waterwise




Oh June, you were hot, but I miss you.

No comments: