On August 7, David and I celebrated six years of marriage. Wow. It seems longer.
I can't think of a better way to celebrate than by going with the whole Fam-Damily on a camping adventure to the Piute Trail.
We left Thursday morning, at 10, not too early (as to miss all the commuters) but not too late (so we still had time to find a campsite). Travel was great, David took the trailer, and Dad took the RZRs.
Dad found us the perfect campsite, and after 20 min of backing up, and pulling forward, we were set.
It was in tons of shade, which I loved, and right next to a little stream, which the boys loved.
Hayden packed all four thousand Authur books, for some light reading. And as an extra precaution, he also brought all his Magic School Bus books...so he didn't run out. Granny was a good sport and spent a LOT of time reading....this is what Preston looked like after Granny was done reading...
The boys loved the trailer. I loved having a bathroom. And this time having a bed. Grandpa slept on the table bed, and Granny in the bunk and David and I got the couch. ...with Hayden because he fell off the bunk.
Friday we went to the Fremont Indian State Park. The boys loved the pit-house!
...and grinding the maize #nowordsforthispicture
...and we all ventured into the pit-house outside.
...Granny in the tepee.
After the park we went to some old mines. Thanks LaRoche for outfitting everyone in hats. ...my Dad has twleve million LaRoche hats...some in his closet, boxes downstairs, etc etc.
The ride was gorgeous!....except for the part when Dad and Mom saw a bear. That was scary. David went as slow as he could to try and see it...I wanted more petal to the metal :) Sadly (thankfully) David nor I, saw the bear.
Oh course Preston fell asleep. Granpa fashioned a head-bobber-stopper. AkA electrical tape.
The ride was filled with gorgeous flowers...
...and even raspberries. I told David they are actually "rasp-BEAR-ies" and there was probably a hungry Yogi around.
View from the Peak.
Neat Trees.
Dad even stopped and loaded us up with firewood. We've been really lucky in the times we've been camping this year, we always find ready-to-use wood!
We came back from a fun day (exhasuting, if you ask Mustard) and ate dinner and Smores.
More reading with Granny.
Saturday we ventured to Marysville.
We took a detour and went to a beautiful but freezing trail. We were not prepared. Even Grandpa was a little chilly. And of course, we didn't take the pickle (neat green blanket)
Marysville. Don't blink.
We had lunch at the Marysville Diner. Delicous patty melt, and yummy sweet potato tots. There was like one place in town, so we were glad it was good. Also, we got there at 3...it closed at 4.
After lunch we took our glass suckers from the local boutique and headed to BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN.
Feel free to sing, as I am, "Big Rock Candy Mountain." But not the origional by Burl Ives, I am singing the one from Oh Brother, where art thou?..Sunday we ate our traditional "leaving day" breakfast of canned cinnamon rolls and cleaned up. Hayden was in Heaven, although he did sweep daily while we were there. Four days of riding and dirt looks good on us.
We went on one last ride. Very different from the lush forests of the previous two days.
And then we packed up, and left our perfect spot.
On the way home, on the on-ramp in Fillmore, the tire on the trailer came apart.
Grandpa and David put on the spare and we were off.

1 comment:
Happy Anniversary to you guys!! What a fun camping trip. I loved the head bobber stopper :)
Post a Comment