I can't believe it's March!...and as I write, it's finally snowing! Wahoo!
February was a pretty busy month. Mostly, we played.
Haha, Preston can not get enough of riding the rocking horses. He goes and gets his cowboy hat and vest and rides and rides. "Hee Haw, Hee Haw" he goes pretty fast, so I am glad this horse has a bend at the end of the rocker so he doesn't tip over...too much :)He still loves pretending that anything is his "long, long hair" (string, measuring tape, blanket etc) but I feel like we are making strides because Hayden also likes to play knight, chef and police man.
We found this gem at The Home Depot, and it has become the very favorite thing ever. Hayden calls it "Mom's earning garbage can" because I told him he's have to earn it after I took it away. I don't think he knows what "earn" means. But he have the cleanest house around.
...and the ever growing garbage truck fleet. We also have a dumpster truck that needs a little fixing.
We took advantage of the warm weather, Preston and I headed to the park while Hayden was at preschool in an attempt to save money....since I usually go to Savers.
The boys and I headed to the aviary...and they were most excited about the 500 recycle cans at Liberty Park. They wanted to have lunch close enough to touch them, but I managed to get them a little farther. Really, they are obsessed. But it could be worse. I suppose.
Our snowdrops from Mom...from Grandma Pia came up. So beautiful. I'm excited for the other treasures to come up this spring. I'm such a nostalgic, most of the things in our yard came from someone else...and I think I'll have to take them when we move.
Since we are in LOVE with Pancake House, but are too cheap to go there (because we would...everyday) I was so happy to find a recipe for their pumpkin pancakes! Yummmm. And from this picture, it looks like it was a hard day, since we were hitting the "hard stuff"...love our grape juice!
Since our pancake love depleted most of my squash supply, I took four hours Sunday and "processed" the rest of our banana squash from fall.
I'm not going to lie, it takes a while, and your hands turn orange, but totally worth it. I first peel and cube the squash, banana squash. Then I microwave it till done. Blend it. Portion it out in 1 cup portions into plastic cups. Freeze. Then the next day I dip the cups in hot water and the squash pops right out.
Then I just freeze them in gallon ziplocks until I need them. We love them in pancakes, waffles and pies....they just don't work for bread and cookies because they have too much water.
The boys and I also hit up the wholesaler, they are favorites there and always leave with a "gerb" from our friend Jan-Aye-A. They usually break on the way home but we love them. They probably would last if Hayden would get it out of Preston's face so Preston wouldn't grab it. They look forward to it, and it's special to them.
David and I watched the last Twilight movie (thanks Grandma Everett!) haha, and then I read the whole "Twilight Wiki" so I didn't have to read the books. I could be a Twilight mom :)
Anyhow, these flowers that I did for my cute friend totally looked Vampy...I read the twilight wiki, ridiculous :) But, I thought they were gorgeous.
No comments:
Post a Comment