January started out with healthy goals. Haha, it's harder than you think to be serious about "work outs" when you've got two little trainers coaching you along.
The boys have been enjoying their gifts from Christmas.
Mustard has now joined the shaving club.
I have been enjoying David's grill light. Looking at this picture...noticing the snow....probably the only day we've had snow all winter.
Preston and Hayden both love puzzles. Preston has sure loved his Santa one from Roger.
Of course we've been taking selfies in front of our pallet wall. Haha, it almost seems silly to go to Wheeler Farm anymore, to have our picture (taken by someone else) in front of our usual barn.
The boys continue to adore garbage.
...and we are collecting quite a fleet of trucks. It's amazing, I looked for garbage trucks for months before Christmas, with no luck. Since Christmas, I have found 3. ...and you know I bought them!We had to move "Naveen," the frog, from Hayden's room because he was frozen. I guess the cold did infact bother him...and we had get a replacement. But the boys don't know that. So now we have a heater. It's a little overkill, but it does the job.
We love going on rides to the mailbox. Who knew that half a block trip could take 30 min. Haha, but they are getting faster, and it's nice to be outside.
We all went to the dentist. Hayden was even brave enough to get his teeth cleaned! We have the BEST dentist ever, ...who just happens to look like Luke Bryan. I would have thought that Hayden would have decided he wanted to be a dentist, with the mouth vacuum and water squirter, be he still says he wants to work at Aggie Ice Cream.
We finally ate the popcorn cob that we got last summer at the farmers market. It was surprisingly declisious. Perhaps it gets better with age.
Probably the saddest thing of the month... Preston unplugged the freezer. We caught it in time, so not much real damage was done. Nothing except our brand new carton of EXTREME DENALI MOOSE TRACKS...sad sad sad.
We finally changed out the vertical blinds in our kitchen...
So it went from this...
To this! It was tricky finding curtains, but finally we found the perfect ones, for a steal! I was going to make them, and found the cutest fabric, David told me to think about it...and good thing I took his advice. That night I found these online for 1/3 the cost...and I am sure they are much better than if I were to sew them :)
Last year, David's class gave him a gift certificate to Ruth's Chris, and since NEA gave him a coupon for free dessert, it was time to go.
We didn't waste any time, or money, on salads, and just went right to the steak and potato. I had the yams (delicious!) and David got the baked potato (ten-dollar dud.) The steaks were delicious! ...even the next day heated up. We had a great time. And we had perfect seats to people watch...but no one noticed. They were all on their smartphones.
I'm certain that we were the only ones there who had two gift certificates and a coupon. Haha, but we did valet...and we were the only one with a Honda...and two car seats :)
The boys used their Jungle Jim's Gift Certificate from Ganny and Grandpa. Haha, I was a little worried that they would be too scared to go on anything. And Hayden might have been, if it weren't for Preston, who is a dare devil. Tips: Get there right at 10:00 when they open, and make sure you take socks.
....it wore Preston out. ...which takes a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment