Each year we have a Party for the Running of the Roses...aka Kentucky Derby. This year the Derby was on the same day as Amanda's graduation so we had to postpone the party. With the help of DVR we had the party last Sunday.

Here we all are in our hats and the boys in their seersucker. What a crowd.

It was a little windy when we were taking pictures.



For the Derby you MUST have Mint Juleps. After many years of Juleps, the best recipe we have is Muddled Mint, sugar, lemon juice and ginger ale. I muddled the mint.


We had a smorgasbord of light derby favorites. Pasta salad, finger sandwiches, fruit, etc.

Hayden got pringles.



And they're off.... we made bets on who would win...none of us won. But Dad came the closest with Mucho Macho Man.


If anyone would like an invite for next year, let me know.
1 comment:
I LOVE your sisters hat. Also, As i was just typing, I wrote Katie and all of a sudden I couldn't remember if that was actually her name...so im sorry if its not. looks like a fun party!
Post a Comment