Saturday, July 28, 2018

Christmas 2017.

 Christmas time means Peppermint Goat Soap, straight from the farm.
Hayden and Preston on their way to deliver neighbor gifts. This year we gave away Kodiak Cakes Pancakes and homemade Carmel syrup, yum! I love getting the gifts all gussied up, but I HATE delivering them! I'm glad the boys take that job :)
 Hayden and his noodle skeleton.
 Brookser in the snow. He LOVES being outside. It take a while to get him all bundled up, but he doesn't mind at all.
 We got a few different skiffs of snow in December, here is Hayden shoveling...in shorts.
 Preston.
 Preston and Hayden making pizzels. So delicious.
 Brookser out in his 4-wheel drive.
 Enchanted by that snow. Brooks and Preston.
 Preston, the boys really had to run outside to get to the snow before it melted, haha, such a weird winter.
Christmas Eve, Hayden left a note for Santa...
"Dear Santa, For Reindeer food outside in front on the lawn. Cookies are on the table. Milk is in the fridge. Presents are under the tree. Something, something something. Watch out! Something something something, stockings on couch. Thank you" haha and then arrows pointing to where all the things are: fridge, tree, light, reindeer food etc :)

Christmas Eve Jammies. Notice that Preston's footy jammies don't have footies... ( I am sew handy)
Christmas morning, we woke up to SNOW! A Christmas miracle! After the boys got up and looked through everyone's stocking (Katie and I always did this....we had a lot of time to kill, since we would always wake up at like 4 am) we read the Christmas story and act it out with the Little People Nativity. I must admit that I was reluctant to buy the LP Nativity, it is $$$, but I sure do love having it, and the boys love to play with it at Christmas time. 
Preston was so excited for his Fitbit from Santa! He had been wanting one like Hayden all year. 
After presents, and before we headed up to the cabin, the boys bundled up and got their shovels and headed out to shovel. They shoveled up and down the street and were so excited to be helping out their neighbors. 

Preston.


Hayden.
After we shoveled and ate, we headed up to the cabin, always a nerve wrecking adventure. 
#AlwaysAnAggie Grandpa tries to convert anyone he can. 
There wasn't too much snow this year at the cabin, but we did a little sledding.
Preston
Brooks
Katie and Preston
Maybe next year Bernie can pull us on the sleigh, or at least up the hill
Britt and Hayden

Hayden, Brooks, David and the Honey Bucket

The boys also got snowshoes....since there wasn't too much snow around, we settled for the berms on the side of the road
top the chilly adventures off with the hot tub, ahhh
We stayed at the cabin for a few days, and then we headed back to Salt Lake. One night we ventured downtown
We took a little trip on TRAX in the free fare zone
And enjoyed our own HydroFlask Cocoa at City Creek.
Preston.
Brookser
Hayden....I have to label, Sometimes I look back on pictures, and I don't know who is who...haha #triplettroubles
One day we went swimming. The two older boys, although they still can't swim, are now brave enough to go down the waterslide by themselves with a life jacket.
I must say, I do love the slide too. We spend the majority of our time there

Our great friends gave us this sun spider swing, it's December (no snow, boo) and the boys are swinging all the time. love it!
...in short sleeves #arcticpeople
We had such a wonderful holiday season. We are so blessed with health, and bounties beyond belief.

No comments: