Saturday, January 13, 2018

May Flower Garden.

After we got all the sprinklers finished up, we could work on getting all the plants put back or settled in. We have 90% perennials, which I love, and then just a bit of annuals right up by the front door. 

 The clematises in the front were gorgeous this year! Sweet David built this trellis, and it works perfectly!
 The boys cut me some grass seeds that were particularly long :)
 I love my David Austin's! I have two of this bright pink one "Princess Alexandra of Kent"
 and one "Gentle Hermoine."
 You just can't beat the smell of the David Austin's. Plus, they are so easy to grow. I fertilize with a systemic pest controller like twice a season and keep up on the dead heading and the bloom and bloom and BLOOM!
 We also love the herbs. And geums, wow, they are a punch of color!
 Sweet Peas, these self-seeded from last year, so I actually ripped them all out, but not before they made a place on our table.
 In order to cover the back-flow-preventor, we planted a giant hydrangea, gorgeous! Plus, you can't even see what it is hiding, yay!
 
 And I added a few more Stargazers to my little bunch in the back. David thinks they stink, and I think they are heavenly :)

No comments: