I can not believe how nice the weather has been! Beautiful.
We've been taking advantage, trying to soak up all the vitamin D we can before we are banished indoors for the winter.
We've been harvesting our carrots. Preston loves the garden. He always steps on the lettuce, but it's no big deal.
David has been working on dismantling pallets for our bedroom wall. Pallets are all the rage, you know, it's nice that they are free....but they take almost more time than it's worth to get them to usable boards. Unfortunately for David, we have more time/patience than we do money, so pallets are good for us :)After two pallets however, David decided my idea of sawing both ends and then just taking the nails out of the middle was a good ideas...he's been able to move a lot faster with this method.
Although the table in our kitchen isn't painted/stained yet, I still love it. I love that it holds pans and pots and our microwave. And most of all, I love that Preston is always in the kitchen with me, with his tool belt on, sawing or drill or hammering it. Always. (It will have natural distressing)
The boys are still loving the sand. It's a little cold on your toes nowadays, but still so fun to dig in.
The radishes are back! These have been the cheapest/best entertainment of the year I think. The boys LOVE picking them and love washing them equally as much....and it doesn't matter if they are too small when they pick them, or if they (Preston) bites into everyone, because really, radishes aren't too high in demand.
And, they look so stinking cute when you wrap them in a little something!
I don't know if I was the only one that got in on the Smith's $1.99 Land-O-Lakes Butter (Thank you Erica!) ... but it was great! I found out about the deal at midnight, right before I went to bed Friday. I asked David if he would run to Smith's because I wouldn't be able to sleep, and I knew they would be out the next day. He didn't. But Saturday morning, you can bet I was at Smith's at 7:30 filling my cart with all the butter they had just barely stocked (the boxes were still on the floor). We should be good for some buttery holiday baking!
I saved $75 on butter, and when I got home, I had hot cinnamon rolls and fancy eggs waiting for me, what a life!
David put up the Christmas lights after breakfast on Saturday.
..and while he was on the roof, the boys were raking and picking up pine cones.
Once we got all the lights up...and then re-worked them all...one strand was out. We ran to the Home Depot, got new lights, and David got them up and finished right as it was starting to get dark...4:30
And today we've just been hanging out, coloring, and waiting for the garbage man. It is Monday, after all.
#soblessed #fridgefullofbutter
No comments:
Post a Comment