Since it's now almost the middle of January, I thought I'd better get caught up with November and December.
November, was full of fun.
Hayden and I played and played. He loves puzzles, Potato Head, Wheelie Cars, Reading, and anything to do with cooking or cleaning. He's pretty well rounded.
Julie and I threw a bridal shower for Aleese....so I made soups and treats and invitations.
We made sock puppets.
We checked out Scheel's. If you need anything Under Armour, I'm pretty sure they have it, in every size and color.
Hayden learned to drive from his mom.
David made these turkey leg hats with his kids at school. They were a hit at our house.
For Thanksgiving we headed to Sunny St. George. I don't remember if it was sunny, but I do remember that I was roasting at night, but what's new. We had a great time. It was good to see David's family. It was also good for me that I got to eat whatever I wanted, no soy or dairy restrictions! The morning we drove to St.George I had a doctor's appointment with the results of my glucose test.... luckily I passed with no gestational diabetes and I was good to go. My friend, Dr. Terry, even said to have an extra piece of pie for him....I just had a pie.
We had one delicious squash pie left on the way home from St.George, so after eating our dollar-menu dinner at Carl's Junior, we sat in the car and ate our pie. The only thing that would have made it better would have been whipped cream.
We were lucky enough to get tickets to The First Presidency Devotional as well as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert this year. Because the ticket office didn't realize that "Britt" was equal to "Brittany," we made a family trip downtown to pick-up the tickets and see the lights.
We also went to see Carrie sing at the Performance Hall with Amy and Parker. That night it was colder than we had planned, so after the concert we headed right back to our car without checking out the lights.
That was our November. We are so blessed to be healthy and strong, to have a wonderful family and true friends, to have a warm home (even though David says I should turn the heater up more than to 65) and to have all the bounties we are blessed with.
Oh, and also, Hayden learned to drive.
Happy November.
No comments:
Post a Comment