Can't believe summer is half over! Wow has time flown by. David now has class on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30-7:30....so we hang out the rest of the week.
The first week in July we went to Donut Falls with Katie. We had to park in the parking lot out on the main road that goes up Big Cottonwood....so that gave us a good 1.5 mile warm-up. Then we hit the trail. We like this trail because it's relatively flat and had a LOT of shade. I like shade.
When we got to the falls, we went across the stream and ate a little snack.
There were quite a few people there that day, so we didn't stay long. But it was a good hike.
For the Fourth of July we went up to the cabin. The first day we got there we were going to see my mom's tomato out on the deck, and Hayden stepped on the metal door frame and got a really bad burn on the bottom of his foot. After non-stop screaming for an hour and a half he finally took a nap. When he woke up he had a GIANT blisters, one on the pad of each of his feet and blisters on each of his toes.
We let him sip ice cream out of the carton....
...and then bandaged him up. We called Bean to see what we should do, she said not to pop it and keep it clean. We popped it, and then kept it clean. It filled up so fast with fluid that we decided that was the best thing to do.It was okay though, Katie and I are experienced with surgeries. Three weeks later, he's good as new.
Tine, Amanda and Vahan came up for the Fourth. We ate, took a ride, and Just Danced! David was excited that he had some real competition dancing....I'm not too coordinated.
David has tried to patch the tire for the BOB unsuccessfully for about 3 weeks now. We got a giant thorn right on the seam, so none of the patches will stay. He's giving it one more go tonight....and then we're getting a new tube.
This is what Hayden does with the bucked that finds the"hole-in-the-tube"... he washed all our rocks.
Our garden is doing pretty great so far. We've got a bunch of green tomatoes....hopefully they'll get to see the day they turn red....that is, if Hayden doesn't get to them first.
I am especially happy with my Corsican mint and chocolate cosmos.... Last year they both were duds. This year the cosmos are thriving....and the mint is surviving.
Our little patio. David made me a screen of the fence my parents took down a couple years ago. Midvale City came by, as they do almost daily, and took a picture to cite us for ruining the neighborhood. I think it looks cute. (plus, it hides all the junk that's behind it)
Here's our little gnome pot by our front door. I remember when I worked at Western Garden and we always thought people who bought gnomes were weird....
Last, but not least, this is a tribute to 7th Grade ACCESS. When I was in seventh grade our class got in groups, I was with Marissa J Howes, and attempted to construct a dinosaur out of three chicken's worth of bones. Well, after many years, my mom decided to throw out this masterpiece. I don't think any of the groups finished, and I just remember stinky stink.
No comments:
Post a Comment