Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Last Month.

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, although I feel like I've been blogging my brains out!
Here is a list of some of the happenings of the last month, not in any order than how I remember them....

  • Hayden got sick with a pretty high fever. We went to see Dr. Bean and we thought that it was going to be "Hand, Foot and Mouth"...but it was actually Roseaola. He's doing great now. We're glad.
  • We went to Phoenix with David's mom and Sister to see family there. It was 97 degrees the first week in April...what can I say. It was fun to be there.
  • David ran his first half-marathon, Woot-woo! I'll let him tell you about that. I am just glad he didn't die. And thanks to Amanda for thinking he could do it! ....and Yay! Amanda too!
  • My cousins Eric and Marcy have been making me a website for flowers! It looks so great! I am just trying to figure out a few last things, I imagine it will be ready to go by this weekend! I am so thankful for all their hard work! They are so talented!
  • With the website, I have "blogged" a portfolio. It's on wordpress, which is a lot harder for me than blogspot. I've googled almost everything I've done to figure out how to do it on wordpress. I have a lot more respect for computer geeks now :)
  • I got released as an Activity Days later on Sunday (Wahoo!)...and put in as a nursery leader. I haven't been for the last two weeks since Hayden was sick, so we'll see how it goes....
  • Katie turned 21 last week. David sewed her a pair of shorts....which fell apart the first time they were washed. But don't worry, my mom fixed them. I made Katie a red velvet cake, the recipe my aunt Pat uses. It calls for a whole bottle of red (or green, if it's made for Roger on St.Patrick's Day) food coloring...I only had about 1/3 bottle, so it wasn't as strong :)
The weather is warming up and we are excited! Hayden hooked up the hose yesterday and played in the "wa-wee", or "water" as I like to call it. I can't believe how big my little guy is getting, I have a tender heart, so it makes me cry because he's not my baby anymore. Other than that, we are all doing great. You'll probably think this is David posting since there are a lot of words and no pictures.... I'll get some pics next time.


2 comments:

Sterling and Michelle said...

Don't you wish you could live in Phoenix? Good job David on the half marathon!

Britt said...

The reason I am trying to be so good is so I don't have to live in a place like Phoenix :)