Thursday, October 27, 2011

October in Pictures.


I don't have too much time before Hayden wakes up from his nap...so I don't think there will be too much commentary on this post. But enjoy the pictures!
The first part of October we went to St. George for Anderson's blessing. On the way down we stopped at the Red Barn and got some apples....they also had some very large pumpkins.

While we were in St. George, some of the grandkids went to merry-go-round. It was kind of small in diameter, so it went really fast, David and I were done after one time, but the kids loved it and went again. 
 We have been to the cabin almost every weekend. It's nice that it's so close...and that there isn't any snow yet. I am pretty sure that we won't be able to get up the hills in the car.
 This week Hayden and I went with David's class on a walking field trip to a giant pumpkin! It's the third heaviest in Utah's history, 1184 pounds! The lady said it grew 40 pounds some days, wow! Tomorrow the woman's husband is going to carve it out and paddle in it across the pond at Sugarhouse Park, too bad we won't be there.


 Here's some more scenic views up at the cabin. You should really go. I don't know how to actually use all the features of our camera, but the views up there make me want to learn. I also think I need a more zoomy lens.


 Hayden LOVES going on rides in the razor. He knows just where to hold, and he knows that he needs to wear his helmet.

 Grandma Woodward and Jake came up one weekend, it was fun to have them there. It was a good thing that my Grandma went on a ride in the razor with Jake rather than my mom...Jake is a much better driver.

 We also went fishing that weekend. It's kind of hard now that the water is so high. But we still have a good time. Jake caught a fish the first couple minutes we were there!




 So Hayden found the box of all the apples we got at the Red Barn. One day I notices he was sitting by the box for a long time, so quietly...I went over and he was eating an apple!
 He loved it! And now he tries to eat everything that looks kind of round...
 Here's more pictures from the cabin...


 Hayden has so much fun, he gets worn out and falls asleep at the table!
 So this is why I need a more powerful zoom...and learn how to use the camera. David, Hayden, my mom and I were driving down to Heber to go to the cheese factory and on the way we saw a moose! With Antlers! I was telling David the day before that I had never seen one with antlers. So I got out of the car and on to this guys deck,( David thought it was going to charge and was too scared to get out) and took some pictures. There was the other guy with me, with his iphone. He could zoom in more than I could :(


 October means squash! Lots of squash! The last couple years, well last year, David, Hayden and I go to Brigham City and load up on squash for the winter. This year we were conservative because my Dad didn't want to store it in the garage. Scrooge.


 I told you Hayden wants to eat anything round.

 And here is our bounty, over four hundred pounds....but I'm having Katie get more when she comes down this weekend....
 Last Saturday we cleaned out our garden before winter. David pulled out all the tomatoes. Our sunflowers still had some seeds that the birds hadn't eaten, so we brought those in to dry...for the birds.


 Hayden has started getting into EVERY cupboard. We put latches on the important ones: under the sink and the tupperware cupboard. And then we ran out of latches. He still loves getting into the pans.

Miraculously Hayden is still asleep.
David is still teaching third grade, and working on his masters.
Hayden is walking, almost running, all over the place! He loves to smile and knows all the people at Sam's Club.
I am still looking for a job, but loving being home with Hayden. All is well.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Love the pictures! I'm a little jealous of your cabin trips it looks like you guys have so much fun.

Lauren said...

Wow that picture of the moose is awesome! I love all the pictures of Hayden and pumpkins too!