Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One month and Counting!

Wow, where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was at Tyler's house digging holes and jumping on the trampoline. Now, I am a month away from being a married man. I can't believe how old I am. Anyway, I am super excited and scared. Its really only a month away. Crazy!!!!!
Anyway, I just thought that I would talk about my 4th of July weekend. It was crazy busy and so much fun.

On Friday of last week a friend or ours (one of Britt's old roommates) got married here in Logan. Britt was doing the flowers and the food for the wedding. We met them at the temple after the ceremony and went to the luncheon. It was really good food. After lunch wee had to put all of the flowers and food in my Saturn to drive the an hour to Lake Town (right out side of Bear Lake) for the reception. When we got there we set up for the reception. It was a really nice reception with about a million egg rolls. It turned out really nice, the food was good and the flowers were beautiful. During the reception we slipped away and went to get a Famous Bear Lake raspberry shake. There is still some on the side of my car if you want to try some. At about 9:30 pm we left Lake Town and drove to Evanston Wyoming (where we stopped to watch some fire works) and then to Park City and then to Salt Lake. It was a long drive, but it was faster than going back through Logan. We got to Salt Lake at about 12:30 am.



Britt and I at the reception in Lake Town!
On Saturday we got up at 7 am to have breakfast with the ward. It was really good. They had a program where Patrick Henry gave his famous address. It was relly neat. Of cousre we had to get our picture with him. That afternoon we helped Britt's mom plant her garden and took a nap on the lawn. The weather was beautiful. For dinner we had Brats and watermellon. It was so good. We left at about 7:45 pm to go watch fireworks. We went to Highland High to watch the Sugarhouse Park fireworks. They were incredible. I love fireworks. The whole time I kept thinking about those that had fought and are currently fighting for our country. I amso grateful for them and their sacrifice.


Sunday evening after church we went to Britt's aunts house for a cookout. It was so fun to sit around and just talk. the food was really good. I love me some potatoe salad. Then at 10:30 pm I headed back to Logan for class on Monday. Stupid summer school.

That was my 4th! I hope that you all had a great 4th! Love you all!

2 comments:

Sterling and Michelle said...

I feel like I have missed so much. I stopped looking at your blog because you stopped posting forever ago. But now I feel fully caught up on your life.

Ali Ann said...

Those were yummy milk shakes for sure :)