Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ouch That Really Hurt!

Have you ever been sitting at home in August and thought to yourself, "Man I wish I could go sledding"? Me either, but I know someone that has. Today as I was invited to go sledding. Right about now you may be asking how that is possible. No, there isn't any snow on the ground. I was invited to go Cardboard Sledding. We went to the Old Main Hill here in Logan, and rolled a HUGE roll of cardboard down the hill. We then proceded to slid down the hill on the cardboard in a saucer. It was really funny. The first few runs were interesting, there is a slight slope to the left, but the cardboard went straight. As we slid down the hill the saucer would veer to the left and off of the cardboard. Eventhough we never did pick up too much speed as soon as the suacer hit the grass it would instantly stop, but if you understand anything about the laws of motion you would know that our bodies kept going. It hurt pretty bad if you weren't quick enough to jump up on your feet. There were some pretty hard landings. We soon figured it out and we moved the cardboard. It was pretty fun, and I think that we are going again Monday. I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Kristen Mortensen said...

Hey that crazy person who thinks of sledding in July is me. I am so cool. You are pretty cool too because you have been sledding in August...but just for the record it was my idea