Friday, August 10, 2018

Snow Shoeing, Ice Caves, Fire Stations, Games and Bread. February 2018.

 Benjamin Brooks Franklin. Heart Breaker.
 Brooks learned everything he knows about jumping off things from Preston...like putting a pillow on your landing spot 😏
 One Saturday we went up Millcreek Canyon snow shoeing...it took us an hour to get all suited up, and we probably only traveled a half mile, but it was beautiful and nice to get outside.
Mom and Preston.
We took Dash, in his puffer, he was sort of well-behaved.


David, Brooks and Dasher
Preston
The trail was 1.5 miles....I think we went .5 of .5 miles
Since Brooks takes naps, he gets to stay up late while the boys hit the hay...Brooks loves it!
Savers is our FAVORITE! Haha, Preston was so excited when he found a plunger! You really can find anything at Savers, anything.
Like scout pants, and carhardt overalls.
Two blondies up late.
January 31, 2018 we got up early in hopes of seeing the Super Blue Blood moon, unfortunately, it was totally overcast... (notice no snow 😟)
...so we went inside and watched on NASAtv
For Christmas, Granny and Grandpa got us tickets to the Midway Ice Castles. Since it was so warm, it didn't go as long as usual, but it was so fun!
Preston going down the ice slide...since it was warm, the ice was melty, and you came out with a wet booty!
Afterwards, we headed into Midway to Dairy Keen. We got sucked into the cute sounding shake things... The Olaf, Elsa Frozen Hot Cocoa, haha biggest disappointment ever. At least they came with a ring, but next time we are just opting for shakes.
Brooks and Preston loving the trains at "The Train"
My mom always gets five bucks to Cactus and Tropicals for her birthday, and she's always sweet enough to give it to me. Preston, Brooks and I roaming the aisles, haha, it's hard to find something for $5, but they do have so much fun stuff. It's a great little get away, nice and warm, when it's chilly outside.

I finally decided on a hellebore. I've wanted one for a long time, but they are💰💰💰
Seriously, February weather. No coat on the Brookser

Fires and Franks in February.
At the wholesaler I got these GIANT sugar cones, and we made them into bird feeders.
Preston
Hayden
Haha, apparently avocados and mangos were on sale
Preston and Brooks on a Garbage Day Monday
Preston always waits for the garbage man, and then he runs over and tries to beat our neighbor in taking in the garbage can...
For Cub Scouts we went to the fire station. It was really cool to see the living quarters, and the trucks up close. All my boys came, and loved it!
We play all. Day. Long.
As soon as Brookser is down for a nap, and Preston has done his 15 min of upstart, Preston is ready for games! And then we play for the next two hours while Brooks sleeps.

Mancala, sleeping queens, and zimbos are some of our favorites. Hours and hours...
Brookser loves the guac-o.
The Winter Olympics in Peyong Chang started in February....that meant lots of late nights and many hours of winter sports. Hayden and Preston especially loved curling, who knew.

Granny found herself a friendly flamingo to spruce up the giant hill of pine stump grounds that she's waiting to compost. Fast forward six months...there are now a total of four flamingos #theregoestheneighborhood
The boys and I love to special trip to Great Harvest. One day I tired the Orange Canberry bread, and it was delicious! Granny and I looked and tested, and finally found a recipe in my Grandma Woodward's ward cookbook, from Gloria Bagley, for orange cranberry bread that made the mark. The original recipe is for the bread maker, but with a few tweaks, I love it! I am not very experienced with bread making, so I am pretty proud of the way it turned out. My mom loves her bread maker, but I just use the kitchenaid.

No comments: