March started out with Hayden's second piano recital. I must say, we are into "music therapy." Carol is so sweet to Hayden, piano is good for us all.
We celebrated with a lot of ice cream...next time, we will share ;)
Fridays are always fun. Preston gets Pre-School. Hayden gets pizza. " Texas Flip N' Move" is on DIY and Brooks and I go to Savers.
Some days are better than others...
haha, not the best picture of little Brooksie, but put the cart seat cover in, fill up the camelbak and have a bunch of puffs, and we are good for a while. Haha, best shopping team ever.
Here we go... getting ready to re-do the living room. We can't part with anything (aka we are hoarders) so we just relocate stuff... we moved the huge curios up to our bedroom, and maybe someday we'll have a basement where they can go. Also, notice Flip N' Move on the TV, if you aren't, you should be watching...
Brooks gets to stay up way past the other boys, he's spoiled like that.
After all the underlayment was cut, David spent a fair amount of time sanding each of the sides of the 88 strips....
The worst part of doing any project, is leaving the children to fend for themselves, sort of. Brooks is not fond of the pack-and-play, to say the least
the older two don't think it's too bad....
Early signs of spring! Yay!After lots of sanding, we were able to hang all the "shiplap" pretty quickly.
We stood back and thought, "huh, this looks really mid-century modern" haha, great, what have we done?!?
but seriously, this is the texture we were dealing with...we couldn't make it worse, there was only up to go
More a fan of the high chair than the play pen :)
Taking a break at Costco (obviously it was a Monday, notice the shirt) Preston loves to watch the sauce and squasher machines back in the pizza making area, and this day, the perfect table was available so we stayed and watched....for like an hour
Haha, Preston's new thing with his birthday crane...
Build a lincoln log cabin...
...and knock it down with the crane..
...and do it again...
Because I don't often listen, I didn't paint the wall white before we tacked up the planks. Consequence? Spend three days of your life smashing primer in-between each seam and then scraping the excess out with a skewer. Lesson learned.
My little Mustard totally exhausted on the couch. We get up early at our house, and Hayden is my child, therefore, if he is up, he wakes others up. Haha, this day Preston couldn't keep his eyes open, so as soon as David and Hayden left for school, he curled up on the couch.
Out and About.
We seriously make so many muffins. In sunglasses. That's how we roll.
When we are working on projects, and often when we are not, we live a little messy. Haha, sweet little Brooksie is getting a little too big for the egg (I have to run to get him right when he gets up, or he falls out on the floor) but putting the egg away just means he's growing up, I'm not ready for that.
White was a much better look than Mid-Century Modern...which my dad loved
My sentiments exactly.
I guess the work at Home Depot and are laying out their deck for their cabin....which Preston will then throw a wrecking ball through
Realities. Lots of Cream. Little Fruit.
Sometimes to motivate (bribe) the boys to be reverent at church we have "Ice Cream Sun-Daes"...and now and again, they work.
Spring is on it's way! Yay! Preston and I planted some grass seed, and little ones are sprouting!
So excited for my peonies from my Grandma Wooward's! Last year, they weren't looking too hot, but spring came, and they are alive!
Iris from Aunt Jean. And the Chickies.
Quince from Aunt Jean.
The boys would be outside all day, we've got a little cabin fever. It was nice to be out in the sun.
Brooks and Preston.
Who doesn't love Virg's? Where you can get anything
So after like a month, we finally had all the shiplappy stuff done, and we finally got to hang stuff. oh yeah, and we got a new couch! Yay! That we can all fit on (for me) and that reclines (for David).
So David hung the mirror and candle do-das....
...and I knew I had to change the color. The white mirror on the white walls just wasn't working. So I tried sanding. Horrible! The paint turned to rubber cement rolls and just gummed up the sander. After wasting 5 hours of my life sanding, I tried paint stripper...
It worked pretty well. But then I still had to sand.
...while the boys broke in the recliners...
...and then David came and sanded the rest of it for me. He is so sweet, he always does the sanding (which I hate!) I ended up staining it "Natural" which I LOVE! I only got a small can of stain because I didn't think that I would like it, but I used it all, and went back for a big can, I want to sand down everything and re-stain it! Haha, David isn't converted yet. But I love it. Especially for the pallet things he builds. MiniWax Natural, it's a win.
Even though we have this great new couch, I still need my chair...so I do. It blocks the front door, but I don't mind.
New curtains. I loved the red, but the rug we got is blue, and I wasn't really feeling the red, white, and blue year-round. So we got medium-tan.
Cactus and Tropicals after a short-day. Preston and Hayden.
My new butter dish from Savers. It actually only holds the little half-sticks from Land O' Lakes, but that's okay..... I have a hundred pounds of them in my freezer.
Emoji with the heart eyes.
We signed Hayden and Preston up for soccer. It turned out to be different that we imagined, we all learned a lot. And even a little about soccer.
We had been planning on installing sprinklers over spring break, but since it rained for like 50 days straight, the trencher couldn't trench. So we went to St.George. We went to the Pool.
Hiking. Brooksies first time in the backpack. We had to take off the sun shade because it was so windy it would have lifted them off the ground.
With these hats and shirts the boys look like hard-core trekkers...but they don't care, they don't have to wear as much sunblock that way.
Of course on the way home we stopped at "donut land"
When we got back to Salt Lake, we took a day and headed to the zoo...
I'm not sure of the weather because David is in short-sleeves and Brooks is bundled...
Again, Heart-Eye-Emoji (Preston 4, Hayden 6, Brooks 10 months, David old)
Bundled up for soccer practice. Haha, What a fun time is was to watch the little 3-4 year old team Preston was on.
You just couldn't help but smile. Preston is in the gray jacket. Soccer was the only time he would wear anything other than crocs.
No comments:
Post a Comment