It's now the middle of June....let's just say, we've been pretty busy, so let's get up-to-date....
We were expecting baby boy number three on June 4. At the 20-week ultrasound, we found out that I had "Velementous Cord Insertion"...where the umbilical cord isn't attached into the placenta properly. This taught me many things, number one of which, do not google image anything medical. Like Velementous Cord Insertion. But, of course I went home and did some "googling," and like any good self-diagnosising google search, I was going to die.
Luckily, google was wrong. I was pretty sick for the whole pregnancy, and I had to deal with carpal tunnel (the worst!), but other than that, everything went well. I'm so thankful that we live in a place with access to wonderful doctors!
I digress... I started going in for Non-Stress Tests at 32-weeks. I went Tuesday mornings while Hayden was in Kindergarten, and Preston was at Pre-School. Other than the horrible parking situation at the hospital, not too deal a deal....I was even a little excited, because the first appointment there was a giant basket of treats (including Lorna Doones!) at the check-in counter, now that's my kind of appointment!
Towards the end, my blood pressure was getting a higher, so we were to pick a day to be induced. I picked June 1. David would be out of school, it wasn't May, and it was a Wednesday...My two other babies were born on a Wednesday. I like consistency.
Dr. Terry picked May 24. The Tuesday of the boys' last week of school. Probably the worst day. And that was that, I guess you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, right? Haha, at that point, I was wishing that Brooks would come on his own before the 22...so I would still be 29 :)
At my last appointment before the 24th my dr told me he had to have surgery and he wouldn't be there on the 24th. Well, that he would try and be there, since he was having an out-patient surgery. Haha I remember my mom having an out-patient surgery, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want her making any sort of important decisions...or delivering my baby. Oh well.
May 20, four days before baby day, my feet still weren't swollen! Haha, I'm not sure how I managed that.
Monday the 23rd the boys and I were weeding the back flower bed like crazy since I knew I wouldn't be able to get back to it for a while.The boys stayed with Granny, for what I like to call "Fun with Granny." When you are induced, they tell you to be ready by 6 am to come in. I was first on the list to be induced, so I was sure that we would need to go early. David and I are up and ready to go on Tuesday morning by 5:45. I ate my toast, and waited. And waited. And waited. Luckily, David had found "Texas Flip and Move" a few weeks earlier. Haha, what a great show! So we watched 4 or 5 episodes. Finally, just after 9:00 they called us in.
We got there, and like with Preston...nobody could find my veins for the IV. After two nurses, and "the vein finder" they got it, about an hour later like, 11:30. Haha, I have bad veins, it is what it is, but almost three weeks later, my bruises are just barely gone.
I got the epidural pretty soon after getting hooked up to the pitocin because the anesthesiologist was there. I pretty much had no pain, but I'm not above that. Then around 2:50 I told the nurse that even though the little monitor thing said that I wasn't having contractions, I was, and they were pretty close. Not that I was in pain, but I just didn't want the baby to come, and no one be there...
She went and got Dr Cracroft..who was not who Dr. Terry told me would be filling in for him. But she was great, so no big deal. Anyway, she gets suited up, and 3 pushes later, there's Baby Brooks.
Brooks Dee Everett
24 May 2016
3:09pm
7 lbs 4 oz
19.5 in
Just like Preston, I was blessed to have a super easy delivery. After, one of the nurses who helped with my IV came back because she wanted to see the placenta. Haha, after all my googling, I didn't think that I wanted to see it, but curiosity got the best of me. It looked pretty cool, not that I had seen a "normal" one, but it was cool. And Neither David, nor I passed out. That was cool too.
Brooks had hair, wahoo! Preston has been telling me for weeks that Brooks was going to be bald, and then he would just laugh and laugh.
Speaking of Preston, that's basically exactly who Brooks looks like. Preston.
Brooks.
Preston.
I wouldn't complain, Preston's pretty good looking.
The boys and Granny and Grandpa came over to the hospital that night.
Hayden has been mentoring Preston in how to be a Big Brother for months now. Hayden held Brooks first.
And then he let Preston. Haha, Preston LOVES to hold him. Always. It's adorable.
When I'm not in the hospital, I have fond memories being there...how fun it is. Haha, while you are there, it's not really that fun
Except that this is who you are with the whole time.
...and you don't have to be anywhere or do anything but this......and you get to eat like this....
....it's not too bad. :)
Let me tell you what, I am all up for hospital food. I LOVE the cinnamon scones! Love them! And apparently the turkey and gouda sandwich, and the chocolate mousse and the chicken parmesan, etc etc.
The boys joined us for the Celebratory Dinner. David and I had this...
and they had pizza and watched a movie.
David stayed with me Tuesday night and Wednesday, but then had to go back to school. Katie was kind enough to come and sleep over with me on Wednesday. I'm pretty sure she said it was the greatest night's sleep she'd ever had. And then we went home on Thursday...but not before loading all our pockets with Lorna Doones :)
I think the most exciting thing about leaving the hospital is that you can take off the fourteen thousand id tags that scratch and get in the way.
We are now home, and Preston still loves holding Baby Brooks. And singing him "Child of God" in English and Portuguese.
Brooks seemed to enjoy his first bath at home...haha even though David and I were fumbling around trying to wash him
It's a little wild with three, I am so thankful that David is home. David is probably ready to go back to school. Brooks usually gets called "Mustard" or "Preston". It's a good time. We are so blessed.

1 comment:
Congrats you guys !!! You have a beautiful little family!
Post a Comment