We were still getting used to Kindergarten. And 7 o'clock bedtime. Mom and Preston tried to keep up with picking all the green beans, but without Dad and Hayden, it was a big job! ...and the grasshopper freaked me out!
We made some zucchini boats. They didn't float, but they were fun!
Cottonwood had spirit week. Hayden and Dad tried to Alfalfa. No one "Alfalfa's" like Preston. No one. ...Except maybe Weston, the little boy down the street that has the same two cowlicks :)
We kept enjoying going to the Farmer's Market each Saturday at Murray Park. David would run there in preparation for the St.George Marathon, and we would meet him. This year I got some Goat Milk Soap from a booth (made in West Jordan). I LOVE it! Hayden and I get super hurty dry skin, especially in the winter. Since we've been using this soap, our hands are perfect! I'm not going to lie, it makes your sink have a film, but wiping it out with a Clorox wipe every few days does the trick. LOVE our goat soap! David even made a fancy pie from the fresh apples! Ymmm.
David still has classes on Wednesdays and is gone until 8pm. One particular Wednesday the boys and I were ready to be out of the house, so I stuck them in the Bob and we were off. Height ways, they are a little big, but weight wise, we were good! They were stuck, and we all survived!
We found a cat spider we named "General Washington." She's a she. She lived right by our front door. We looked forward to her everyday. But then she was webbing everywhere, and it freaked me out. So we gently took her to Granny's...who took her to school to show her kids and then let her go in her backyard.
After we moved her, it was nice not to have creepy webs. But we all missed her. Even David. She even inspired a short book series. General Washington Goes to Granny's by Mom and General Washington Goes to School by Hayden. Also Spider Soup and Spider Pie, not shown below.
Friday Hayden has short day. Since his school is pretty close to Grandma Great's, we would usually stop by. I would haul the laundry basket full of blocks upstairs and they would play. We were then treated to juice, and cookies. Or soup. And lunch. We always had a great time. Grandma always loved listening to the boys and what they were building, then she'd grab a block or two and do a little building herself. She's great.
And lastly, we were blessed to get nearly a whole pallet of flagstone from my friend Ma-Chelle. The only downside was that we had to carry each piece through a bunch of poker weeds, and roofing nails. And watch out for all the bees nests that were hidden under the rocks. But it's okay. It was free.The boys and I loaded it up, and shortly, it will be around our firepit. It's great! Thanks Ma-Chelle!
No comments:
Post a Comment