First off, I need a "selfie-stick"
Last Friday, we go to go the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert, and this year the guest were Santino Fontana and the Muppets!
Since these were the guests, those 5 years and older were invited. Hayden is 4, but ridiculously well behaved at performances. So we thought we'd sneak him in. ...and we did.
Every year David wants to go to the events at the conference center, and every year I secretly hope that we don't get tickets because getting up there, and in your seat, gives me anxiety. You have to leave 7 hours early, so you can be in your seat an hour before it starts. But we still get tickets, every year.
This year was the WORST traffic ever! Preston stayed with aunt Carol, and par-tay-ed! We left an hour and a half before it started... and almost didn't make it. We picked up Granny and Grandpa at 6:15 and didn't get downtown until 7:45. We were supposed to be in our seats at 7:30.
Miraculousy, we found a parking spot in the full lot. David grabbed Hayden and RAN. Granny, Grandpa and I followed, behind. We got through the security (my Dad always brings his 537 keys and pocket knifes, leathermans, etc) and ran to our seats. We made it.
But the run made me cough. And Cough and cough. So embarrassing! I went through a sucker from the bank and two packages of fruit snacks...because I didn't have a cough drop. But the concert was fun. Hayden was pretty well behaved. Hayden loved seeing the Muppets and tells Preston that he saw them "in real life"
Afterwards, it was so warm outside, we walked down the exterior steps of the conference center.
What a beautiful night!
No comments:
Post a Comment