Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Heber Creeper.



A few months ago we got Groupons for the Heber Valley Railroad.
We went last weekend on "The Heber Creepy" as Bee google to find out how to get there. Love you Bee!




It said online that the train was not climate controlled...to everyone but me, that meant it would be cold. Dad even brought a coat.
Let's just say it wasn't cold.
 Leaving the station...

 Hayden has been getting motion sick recently, so Granny let him use her "Sea Bands"
He didn't get sick, so they may work
 Two cute pat-oots.

Black Angus Raven Jack, or something to that effect, robbed the train while we were on it.
Hayden was pretty scared until we told him he was really a nice guy. ....and he gave the boys a gold coin.

This is what you get when a train robber gives Mustard a chocolate coin.
The train took us down Provo Canyon, right on the edge of Deer Creek to Vivian Park. Such beautiful views. I bet that it would be great in the fall too.
 We are glad we are short because there isn't too much leg room.
We are also glad we aren't the people who dropped their cell phone in the outhouse....and then went back 3 hours later to get it out with a rake.

...and who doesn't love a selfie.



The train ride was a little hot, and a little long, but what a fun time.
I wish that I would have known you could bring your own food, like a whole lunch. The ride was from 11-2, so right at lunch time. The train offered lunch for $15, and said outside food wasn't allowed. I filled up my bag with crackers and smartees, but I could have totally brought a sandwich and chips for everyone.
Also, I opted for the 3 hour ride to get the most for the money...with little kids, in the middle of the day, the 90-min ride would have been perfect.
After the train we headed up to the cabin for a quick lunch before returning home.
...and a dip in the pool.

We are glad that swim diapers are on sale at Sam's...we've stocked up with 3 boxes and hope they last until next summer.

No comments: