Wow! I can't believe that summer is almost 1/3 over!
It hasn't felt like summer since David has been writing tests, and he's only been home 2 days since he's been off. But oh well, maybe we can buy some tile with all our extra dough :)
During the year, Preston and I would go see Grandma Great Woodward while Hayden was at Pre-School. Since Pre-School was over, the three of us went to visit.
The boys love playing with the blocks and the chicken that says the time.
There's no one better than Grandma.She's got great things to say about everyone, and always knows a good book.
We've been working on the yard. What an ordeal. It would be a lot easier if we had a little more money, a little less help and David home...but we are always up for a challenge.
We always LOVE having Dad home! It usually means we get breakfast other than oatmeal. But we do love our oatmeal.
The first day of Summer also was to be National Donut Day, so we stopped by Dunkin....we decided we are more Krispy Kreme folk. Next time we'll make the drive to Orem.
Hayden completed another year of Pre-PreSchool. We LOVE Myra! Can't believe my boys are getting so old.
Tray of goodies: class ring-pops, swiss roll diplomas, graduation caps, etc etc
Hayden's favorite. She has started a blog too, I don't know how she does it all, simply amazing.
Then we were headed to St.George for the family reunion. Thanks Michelle and Sterling, such a fun time.
We went to Pine Valley and stayed in a cabin. Perfect tempreture. I was thankful :)
Thanks EricaKate for letting us borrow your pole.
The boys loved zooming around.
This was the best picture, of twenty, that I got of the boys on Father's Day. There is always something more interesting to look at than the camera. Hayden was too nervous to sing with primary in sacrament, but he gave a wonderful performance of "I'm so glad when Daddy Comes Home" later that night at dinner.
We are finally done with radishes. What a fun crop! I loved them, and we are planing twice as many next year. The boys love picking them and washing them, and if they are a little rough with them, it's okay, it's not like they are your prize tomatoes.
We also picked the first of our peas on Father's Day. I love fresh peas! Planting more of those next year too :)
Father's Day nap. Or Frozen party.
And yes, we are that lucky that we use blankets in June because our swamp cooler works so well. Thanks Rex for telling us to keep it.
...and the thorn in my side.
All this dust is because of...
this.
Long story short, Mustard banged that corner of the wall with a pan in the playroom. It chipped off a little paint, and I am a picker. ....one afternoon while David was at school I peeled the whole wall of paint off. He'a now afraid to leave me home alone.
It has since been mudded and sanded (thus the dust) and just yesterday, after a month without a playroom, David painted it!
Out in the garden again with our little Mischievous, yet adorable, Mustard.
He loves gloves, hats, etc.
Our little Garden, that needs a little weedin'
the last of the peas. They probably would have been more prolific with a little more water, a net, and some care. ...maybe next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment