After his meeting with Doctor Bean back in January, Hayden was given the okay to start on real food. The latest and greatest in the world of baby- feeding theory is.... feed baby anything (except honey which contains boccelism spores), introduce foods every three days, this reduces the likelihood of food allergies. It makes sense. Bean said that infants in the Middle East are given peanut sticks to suck on at a very young age and they have the least peanut allergies in the world.
We first gave Hayden Rice Cereal. Our first attempt was much too runny, I was afraid he would choke. He's since graduated to squash, applesauce, peas, broccoli, chicken, roast beef, bananas, peanut butter and getting more all the time. His favorite.....SQUASH (again, taking after his mom) You can not get the squash in his little mouth quick enough.
My friend Julie gave us a BUMBO, it's the greatest! With my sweet sewing skills I made a "tent" out of picnic tablecloth fabric which we can easily wipe off.
Hayden is growing fast. David weighed him the other day and we are thinking he weighs about 13 pounds. The last time we saw Bean 11 lbs 13 oz. We love this little guy!
2 comments:
I just love the pic of him and his "tent" haha. such a handsome litte guy!
oh man, i cant get enough of these pictures. he has gotten so big. I LOVE his tent!
Post a Comment