This summer has been a very busy summer. I started summer classes and looking for a job. I had three classes left before I would graduate. I worked really hard to not mess it up right at the end when I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am glad to say that my lowest grade the entire time at USU was a B+. I was very proud of myself. I got a copy of my transcripts and come to find out I graduated Cum Laude. I am so glad to be finished...however, I not have to go back and get my Gifted and Talented endorsement. Oh well, i guess it means I get to keep my job, and I get a pay raise!
The first week of August was a busy week. We had to get my classroom ready for the year. I wasnt sure that it would come together, but I was wrong. They were long hot days of summer, but they were so fun. I was so excited by the first day of school.
This is Marty the Snake. He is our class pet.
This is a picture of the reading tree in the class library.
I was so excited to go to school on Monday August 23. I got up early and Britt made me breakfast and took a picture of me in my new school clothes just like when I was a kid, and we would pose by the tree in the front yard. I was so nervous as I walked into my classroom for the first time as a real teacher. I was also nervous that Britt was going to call me at 9:00 and say that she had gone into labor. As my kids came into the classroom and I started the day I was much less scared. I have a great class, even though there are times when I want to pull my hair out. At 3:20 when the bell rang for the end of the day I was about to drop dead I was so tired. I was just glad to have the first day over, and that Britt wasn't in labor.
We made it through Tuesday without any emergency, but on Wednesday 10 minutes before lunch my leg started buzzing! I ran into the closet in my room and it was Britt! I was a nut head! I ran around the school until I could find my Principal. She told me just to go and I was off. I was excited and scared and worried all at once. It was a LONG drive to the hospital (really it was like 5 minutes). It was weird to walk into the room and see Britt hooked up to all the machines. That was the moment that it really hit me that I was going to be a Dad. After 8 hours and 1 epidural we had our little miracle. At 9:00 pm August 25, 2010 Neal Hayden Everett was born he weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and he was 21 in. long. It was a strange feeling.

Neal Hayden Everett

Hayden and Dad
The whole family.
We brought him home on Friday, and spent a LONG sleepless night trying to comfort our screaming child. It was not happening, but he is just too darn cute.
Now we are just trying to get back to life as normal...well...anyway as normal as possible. Hayden is doing great and we are so blessed to have him in our little family.
2 comments:
iiOh Hayden is so cute! Congratulations on graduation and becoming a Dad! You are growing up so fast...I am so proud of you, both of you. I need to meet Britt
David, your son is so cute! How exciting! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment